Today I just want to share how do I copy my purchased Kindle eBooks into my Sony Reader Touch Edition. (PRS-600)
Well, after I’ve purchased ebooks from my Kindle app on iPad, I got too less available time to read the ebooks on my iPad because my son always playing with it.
So, I decide to copy the purchased ebooks from Kindle to my Sony Reader.
Anyway, it is not easy as I think, even I’ve some experienced with Calibre.
After I’ve did some research, I found a working solution to do this.
Here are requirements
- My iDevice, in case of mine, it is iPad and iPhone, just pick one device
- Calibre, download here
- DRM Tools, download here
- Your e-Reader, in case of mine, it is Sony Reader PRS-600 Touch Edition
- Extract the downloaded DRM Tools Archive
- Open Calibre, go to Preferences and select to add new plug-in
- Select the file ‘K4MobiDeDrmXX.zip’ in ‘Calibre_Plugins’ folder
- Then click on customize the plug-in button, it will ask for your PID
- Open your browser and visit http://kindletools.prestonlee.com/
- Connect your iPad/iPhone to your computer, open iTunes and see its UUID, it will be a 40 hex characters
- Enter your email address and your UUID in the ‘Reader Serial’ textbox and click ‘Calculate’
- Copy your generated PID
- Back to Calibre, paste your PID here
- Restart Calibre
- Now you can drag and drop the .azw files into Calibre library without doing any extra tasks, the Calibre will automatically remove DRM protection from the eBooks you dropped by
- Now just convert the ebooks and send to your device as usual via Calibre
It should works for you too.
**PS: I don’t provide this information to support illegal activities, please purchase the books and don’t relate to piracy, all books are worth its own content and I do not responsible how you use this information.