Here I’m writing about what’s good about the casual games and how can you make money from it.
After I’ve written the headline, I found that I denied it by myself.
Because if you want to make money, it doesn’t really matter on how you ‘create’ the iPhone app but it is how you ‘marketing’ the app.
Yup, I found many good applications in the AppStore from my patient trying to browse to see the apps that stay in the position lower than 50th in each country.
But with the lack of good marketing effort (maybe the programmer didn’t do any marketing?), their apps were sink in the bottom of the AppStore and no one seen them!
So, to make a lot of money from iPhone app, I suggest this…
- If you don’t have any idea or don’t know what type of application you want to make, just focus to ‘casual games’
Why have to be ‘casual games’?
Because of now, many big names already joined in the iPhone gaming market share and they are all ported their famous games into iPhone, so, the result is,
All hard core gamers will always stick with big names’ hard core games instead of spend some bucks to try the games from indies.
So, the space for you and me almost are only ‘casual games’
The other good things of ‘casual games’ is… It takes so short time to develop compared to those hard core games.
Other thing is I found many iPhone owner love ‘casual games’ than ‘hard core games’ because they play the games on iPhone in a matter of minutes only.
Like playing in Star Buck while waiting for friends, colleagues or family.
So, they can feel more comfortably to pick a ‘casual game’ instead of ‘long time needed game’.
Well, after you have clicked with some idea to make a casual game. It’s a time to…
- Make it
If you are not a programmer, I suggest you to use some outsourcing service like freelancer.com, odesk.com, elance.com or …
Anyway, if it is possible, pick some experienced programmers from your local so you can keep track easily and your casual games will stay in timeline.
If you really can’t see where to outsource, please feel free to reply to this thread and my team might be able to help you.
- Marketing, the crucial part to be determined if your casual games will success or fail!
Nothing to say much about this, because if you are an experienced online marketer, you known how to do it.
But let me summarize various ways to do…
- Blogging about it, yes, get some domain and use WordPress.
- Using Facebook, viral marketing is always great.
- Record a short video while the programmer is working, just to show some awesome game-play of your casual games, then post to youtube, your blog, …
- When it almost finished, find some good iPhone app review websites and submit to them to make a review, this might cost you some bucks but it is efficient if you picked the right review site.
- If you have some budget, make some prize, competition to buzz it!
- Give out as free first, to make it in top ten and get some good reviews then charge later.
- Separate between free version and paid version are good too.
- Advertise in CPA network.
I strongly believe, if you can do just 70% of what I’ve written, you will get more than 500% of ROI in a few months.
But the problem is, when you will begin?
Click here for more details on How to Make Money From iPhone.
I hope you got idea now how to make money from iPhone casual games.